New Health and Safety Guidelines
1.Toy donations will NOT be accepted at HFD fire stations
2. Toy donations will NOT be picked up at local businesses, churches, schools and other
organizations. Any toy drive partner collecting toys for Operation Stocking Stuffer must
bring them or schedule a delivery to the sorting center (that will determined later) on
one of the sorting dates (see dates). Collection boxes and posters will still be provided to
your business if necessary.
3. HFD CANNOT accept stuffed animals and used toys due to contamination possibilities.
4. BIKES: If you wish to donate a bicycle, only new, unassembled bikes still in their boxes
can be accepted. See “What To Buy” under Sponsorship Opportunities.
5. For sorting and distribution, volunteers and staff will have their temperatures taken and
be required to wear PPE that will be provided. Social distancing protocols will also be in
place and hand sanitizer will be available. Families receiving toys will also be required to
wear masks during the giveaway and will be instructed to practice social distancing.
6. It is recommended that anyone wanting to donate a toy, purchase the toy online and
have it shipped to our sorting location to be announced at a later date. Ship your
donation during these dates (see dates).
7. All toys will be sanitized before being sorted and bagged.
8. Monetary donations will be accepted. A portal to accept credit card donations will be
available. Checks can be made payable to: Fire Outreach of Houston and mailed to:
HFD Public Affairs, 1801 Smith St., 6 th floor, Houston, Texas 77002 Attn: Paul Box
9. The giveaway will be a drive-thru format in order to maintain social distancing and
other safety guidelines (see date)
10. There will be a few scheduled sponsor shopping trips with members of the Houston Fire Department.